'Be still and know that I am God' (Psalm 46)
Silent Retreats for Individuals
In addition to the group Individual Guided Retreats (IGR) on our calendar, it is possible to come for a time of individual retreat throughout the year for different lengths of time. For example:
- Come for a few hours or a day of quiet (with the possibility of meeting with a sister)
- Come for several days of retreat (on your own or in an Individually Guided Retreat, meeting daily with a sister)
- Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius: come for a 5 or 8-day IGR with daily spiritual direction
- Full Spiritual Exercises: we can offer 30 Days or 3×10 Days, with daily spiritual direction
Languages: there is the
The general climate of our house is one of silence, and we ask each person to help us maintain that climate during their stay. Please note that all of the above options are on a self-catering basis. Please read about our Residential Facilities for more information.
Please contact us well in advance with your desired dates (at least 2 weeks for shorter options such as day retreats). It can be helpful to have several dates in mind and/or to have some flexibility in your arrival/departure dates. Please tell us a bit about yourself and remember to specify if you would like to meet with a sister (spiritual direction) during your stay. Please wait for our reply before firming up any plans.
Retreat in Daily Life
There is also the possibility to journey through the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius in daily life (19th Annotation). Please contact us for more information.
Suggested Donation for Individuals
Includes use of a
- Quiet day without spiritual direction: £15 – £30
- Quiet day with spiritual direction: £25 – £45
- Individual retreat, without spiritual direction, with use of a single room/chapel/reflection spaces/garden, per 24 hours: £25 – £50
- Individual Retreat with spiritual direction (IGR), with use of a single room/chapel/reflection spaces/garden, per 24 hours: £40 – £65
- Individual Retreat with spiritual direction (IGR), for retreats on our programme only, full board, per 24 hours: £55 – £80
Concessions are available: please contact us prior to booking.